Stop Alito - Save American Democracy
I know you’re thinking that title is an exaggeration. It’s more accurate than you might think. The confirmation of Samuel Alito would represent a fundamental change in American policy. So fundamental that we may not look much like America in a few years.
Here are the issues at stake:
• The power of congress to check Presidential abuses of power
• The power of Congress to regulate the sale of machine guns and other dangerous weapons
• The Right to Privacy
• Your protection against Illegal Search and Seizures
• Affirmative Action
• Equal Access to Education
• Family and Medical Leave
• Your protection from Sexual and Racial Discrimination
• Protections from Violence against Women
• Public Housing
• Consumer protection
• Whether the President has Unlimited Powers or not
• Reproductive Rights.
Alito is not a conservative judge. He is a Right Wing Extremist with ties to the Federalist Society and the Concerned Alumni of Princeton.
• He is the most frequent dissenter in the 3rd Circuit court.
• 90% of his decisions are in line with NeoConservative policies
• 85% of his decisions go against the plaintiff in Civil Rights cases.
• He has declared his intention to over turn Roe v. Wade
• He believes the IUD and the Birth Control Pill are abortifacents and should be illegal.
• He favors spousal notification laws and scoffs at the danger to women in abusive relationships.
• He believes a husband should be able to execute “at least some” control over their wives.
• He sided with police in a case where a woman and 10 year old girl were strip searched in their own home in spite of not being named in the warrant. What that means to you is that the police would be unlimited by warrants and have unchecked powers of search and seizure.
• He has already lied to the Senate, and been dishonest with the Justice Dept.
We’re looking at the very real possibility of a police state in America, where the police can search people without showing cause, where your government can spy on you with impunity, where women lose their rights as free citizens, where racial discrimination goes unchecked and women become a permanent underclass without fair access to education, work or protection from violence. An America with a dictator in the form of a President unchecked by Congress or the Courts - and that, my friends, is no America at all.
This man cannot be allowed to sit on the Supreme Court.